Monday, November 10, 2008

The first of hopefully many many more!!!

Well I was sitting at the computer thinking about how I can tell you all about what I am doing more frequently and then it just hit me like...BAM!!!....Why don't I try a weekly blog?! So here I go, the first of many.
Today I worked! Sounds exciting huh? Well it was! I am in the country of Timor Leste and we had a ton of people come for a programme. Not only did they come to the programme they also ran the programme. So before they started, they wanted a sound check for the band. Now about a day before they told me what they needed, like mics, drums etc... and I trusted that. So I did my usual setup for them according to what they needed and it all went fine. Then they arrived and told me that they needed two guitars and two more mics more than what they asked for in advanced. Now normally this is not any problem at all and I am more than happy to help cause I really enjoy my job, but at the very moment they asked for all this extra a whole team separate from the first came to me and told me they needed a bunch of videos and music played somewhere else in the ship. This is quite a bit more difficult and a lot more work! But still I was happy to help with a little more stress on my facial expressions. I finally got everything working and both of the programmes well with no hitches. I think that one of the only reasons that I am able to work with such an attitude is because I feel as if I have been called to have all of my work, whether on the ship or not, be my ministry. The work I do on the ship is just as important as the people up on the stage speaking and I count that as a blessing. God has really helped me have this attitude and with it I enjoy my work alot more!
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you.
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord,
because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corithians 15:58

3 comments:

Shirley Șerban said...

Yay! I'm the first ever to comment on your blog!!! :)
What would we do without you incredible AV people? Seriously!

nolongeruse said...

YAY! A day in the life of Becca :) Love the blog! Keep writing!!! -Kat

Anonymous said...

Becca! I'm so excited you started a blog...can't wait to read it more....I have one too...if you get a chance check it out....
http://emmachangingtheworld.wordpress.com/

have a beautiful day lovely
Love Emma
xox